Andes Mint Chocolate Cupcakes
Submitted by Krista Kuchenbecker on Dec 08, 2017
These mint chocolate cupcakes will be a new favorite for the holiday season!
1/2 cup ghee, melted
1/2 cup Splenda baking blend
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups Bobâ€™s Red Mill Gluten Free Flour
1/4 cup dark cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk
Â½ cup Andes mint chocolate baking pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
2. Beat ghee and splena together in the bowl of a stand mixer or using an electric hand mixer on high speed until creamy and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla extract and mix well.
3. Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, cinnamon, and baking soda into creamed butter mixture and mix on low speed until flour is moistened; increase speed to medium and mix until there are no longer lumps. Reduce mixer speed to low and add milk; mix until batter is well blended. Fill each prepared muffin cup with about 3 tablespoons batter. You may need to add a tablespoon more of milk depending on the flour you use.
4. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes.
5. Let cool and top with your favorite frosting!