Maple Bacon Roasted Veggies
Submitted by Krista Kuchenbecker on Nov 10, 2017
This side dish will be around long after the holidays! I made it for meal prep one week, so easy, and a great spin on my traditional roasted veggies!
3 cups halved brussels sprouts
2 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash
3 slices thick bacon diced
1 gala apple, cubed
2 tbsp melted ghee, butter, olive oil or coconut oil
2 teaspoons dried thyme
2 teaspoons dried rosemary, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup pecans
1/4 cup reduced sugar crasins
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoon olive oil
zest of 1/2 lemon
juice of 1 lemon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil.
2. Dice the bacon and cook until it is about halfway cooked through.
3. Add brussels sprouts, butternut squash and apples to a large bowl and pour in the bacon, drippings included. Add in the coconut oil and toss with dried thyme and rosemary along with a couple pinches of salt. Toss to coat evenly.
4. Place in the oven to bake for 30 minutes, tossing every 10 minutes to help cook evenly.
5. After 30 minutes, add pecans and cranberries and cook for another 10 minutes.
6. In a bowl, whisk together maple syrup, olive oil, lemon zest and juice then pour over the veggies and toss to coat.