Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecan Topping
Submitted by Krista Kuchenbecker on Nov 10, 2017
This is the second recipe in a 12 part series to create the perfect holiday meal this season. I hope you enjoy and use these recipes for your dinner table this year!
4 large baked sweet potatoes
1/4 cup splenda brown sugar blend
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons ghee
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/3 cup almond flour
3 tablespoons coconut oil
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Poke holes in sweet potatoes and bake for 1-1.5 hours until they are soft and begin to carmelize.
2. Remove from oven, let cool for 15 minutes. *they will be HOT*
3. Cut them in half and scoop the insides into a large bowl or food processor.
4. Then add sugar, eggs, salt, ghee, milk and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.
5. Transfer to a 9x13 inch baking dish.
6. In medium bowl, mix the brown sugar and flour.
7. Stir in the melted coconut oil until the mixture is coarse and then stir in the pecans.
8. Sprinkle the mixture over the sweet potato mixture.
9. Bake in the preheated oven 30 minutes, or until the topping is lightly brown.
Be careful to not over bake, and watch to make sure the topping doesn't burn.
You can substitute regular milk and flour if desired.